This week, President Trump made sure we all knew that even if a cop was trying to unjustly murder you, and you defended yourself, you would receive the death penalty. Since those laws are decided on a state by state basis, and the federal government doesn’t regulate local law enforcement except in times of emergency, I’m not sure how he’s going to ensure that, but I don’t think that was his intent. I think his intent was to let poor people know that they better stop resisting, because there is a different set of rules for how the police will treat them than people in Trump’s class. Fortunately, I doubt most police officers take him seriously, but some do and how many militarized police officers do you need out there knowing they can do whatever they want and get away with it? I live in one of the safest cities in the US and even our cops have a tank and full tactical gear. How many of them do we need to abuse their authority to cause a tragedy?
Furthermore, many reputable sources, like the New Yorker, have looked at the data and shown that there is no war on the cops. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/20/opinion/why-there-is-no-war-on-the-police.html
In fact, with especially with the introduction of new body armor, and more importantly updated educational programs for the police, police work is actually safer than most would think. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/blake-fleetwood/how-dangerous-is-police-w_b_6373798.html
So why are our police departments arming themselves to the teeth? Could it be because they’re being hyped up by external forces? Could it be because our totally corrupt governments are worried that people may be done putting up with their shit?
So why is our President trying to create an even greater rift between the police and the working class, and going out of his way to make the jobs of the police more dangerous than they need to be? Simple:
- He’s totally out of touch and literally lives on a different planet than you do in his mind.
- He never refers to pesky things like studies and statistics and simply believes everything he hears from his friends and says out loud.
- He wants to draw attention away from the fact that he should have been impeached by now.
- He wants to draw attention away from the fact that he’s probably started a war involving nuclear armed Israel to please a few donors. A war which we’ll probably get involved in at some point. Well technically we already are since we sell advanced weapons to Israel so they can oppress the Palestinians, but that’s a whole article in itself.
- He doesn’t want you thinking too hard about how all of your information is going to be censored now, thanks to the loss of Net-Neutrality, which is a concept that he never really understood.
- He wants you to forget that he is robbing you blind with his new tax plan.
You know what, I’ll stop there. There are simply too many things to list here that he is trying to draw your attention away from. Basically, he’s desperate to do anything to draw attention away from himself. The problem is that he’s doing things like causing wars to do it.
I get it, Hilary Clinton was an awful candidate. I get why people didn’t vote for her. Sure, you probably should have voted 3rd party instead of for Trump, but I get it. At this point though, if you still think that was a good decision, I don’t know what to say. I mean even the rich people should be getting ready to dump Trump after they pass the tax cuts. Which they shouldn’t do to us, but they will anyway. Why hang onto him after that? It’s obvious that he’s not going to help the working class out, which was the only solid that most of the people that backed him up did, or said they did anyway.